Kielder Forest Star Camp
About this event :
The Kielder Forest Star Camp runs from Wednesday 18th March 2020 from 12:00 pm to Sunday 22nd March 2020 12:00pm.
Notice: As of 13th March 2020
Organisers have had a query about the present virus emergency in relation to the Starcamp.As an open air event we will go ahead with our get together, but needless to say we should all follow the Government’s public health message, namely:
Bring plenty of soap and wash your hands thoroughly and often.
If you have recently developed cold symptoms you should self-isolate and not attend.
They’ll keep the main day under review with the possibility we may cancel to avoid you being cooped up in a smallish room together for a few hours. The warm room will be open.
They think this is a balanced response in what is a fast moving situation. .On the positive side the weather is forecast to improve.
The Kielder Forest Star Camps are run twice a year, in the spring (usually in Feb/March) and in the autumn(usually in October).
Originally setup and organised by members of Sunderland Astronomical Society(SAS), and now organised by the Kielder Forest Camp Site.
All activities on the main day Saturday are free to attend.
For either the Spring or Autumn Star camps the costs are as follows:
- £15 for a electric hook-up tent-pitch.
- £12 for a non hook-up tent-pitch.
- Prices are per tent-pitch per night.
- There is a minimum 2 night stay and fees must be paid up front.
For more information on the Star Camp on where(directions, etc), when and how much and further information, see our Kielder forest Star Camp web page, and/or the Kielder Forest Star Camp Booking website.
All attendances and pitches for the Kielder Forest Star Camp require registration using the booking form on the Kielder Forest Star Camp Booking website.
- Due to high demand they no longer have any hard standing or electric pitches available for the Spring Star Camp although we do have non-electric tent pitches.
- The Star Camp is located in a mobile phone black-spot area. However, there is a site land-line (if required) located at the shower block.
- Strict red light rules apply at appropriate the times. So bring relevant red light torches.
- Laser pointers should not be used on site.
- There is a Red light warm room.
- Washing /shower and toilet facilities provided.
If you are interested, please email Lynn at email@example.com and we can put you on the waiting list if any pitches become vacant.
Your host : Martin Kennedy