SAS Astrophotography Competition 2015
About this event :
- Solar System: Beginner.
- Solar System: Intermediate.
- Solar System: Advanced.
- Deep Sky: Beginner.
- Deep Sky: Intermediate.
- Deep Sky: Advanced.
Skill Level Key :
- Beginner: Less than/equal to 1 year astrophotography expereince.
- Intermediate: Between 2 – 3 years astrophotography expereince.
- Advanced: Greater than 3 years astrophotography expereince.
The winners will receive prizes & the highly prized SAS Astrophotography certificates,
& the runner-up will receive the highly prized certificates.
To submit your photos for the competition, bring them with you on the night of the competition or submit them to our chairman at email@example.com before the event.There are 3 main rules for competition image entries:
Rule 1: Each astronomical object/image taken within the last twelve months should be printed on a photograph up to A4 in size with the following information on the back of each photo.
- Category (i.e. Solar System or Deep Sky).
- Skill Level, (i.e. Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced).
- Name of your astronomical object, associated identifier (for e.g. Orion Nebula, M42).
- Equipment used to take the image; (for e.g. Skywatcher Evostar 80 DS-PRO ED, Cannon 600D, EQ6, etc).
- Your Name.Your contact details (Email/Tel No.)”, if required.
Alternatively, if you prefer the following information can be written on a piece of paper/post-it note on then stuck on the back of your photo (if you wish to preserve you photo – post it notes can be provided on the night):
Rule 2: The Beginner Class photo entries will be limited to members whom are in the first year of astrophotography.
Rule 3: It has been decided that for the astrophotography competition this year will be open to Sunderland Astronomical Society members only (subscriptions paid).
So if you are not currently a SAS member and would like to submit your astro photos into the competition you will need to join & fill out an application form and bring it with you on the night or join before the event.
Note1: A selection of the winning & runner-up astrophotographers images and certificate presentations will be shown website after the competition (if supplied:-)).
Note2: Winner / Runners-up / & possibly other submited astro images may be used on a SAS fundraising calendar, SAS Facebook or our webpage. If there are any objections to this please email chairman on above email address.
The best of luck to all astro photo entries.
Your host : Martin Kennedy