September is the start of our new season (September – August).
SAS Memberships start form 1st September 2021 to 31st August 2022.
Free Membership Renewal (2021-2022)
The SAS committee decided to wave the 2021 membership renewal fee for all existing members.
This would normally have become due on 1st September, however as we have not been able to meet or hold events, and in recognition of your continued support we felt it only right to do this.
New Members (2021 – 2022)
New members during the coming season will still be required to pay the membership fee.
Joining/Renewing helps support your local astronomical society & community.
So come on down to Cygnus Observatory join or renew your SAS membership. One of the largest & most active astronomical society’s in the North East, for advice, information, join in the ‘Craic’ on all things astronomical.
The SAS Membership season runs from the 1st September each year and your membership also provides Public/Products Liability Insurance (PPLI) cover for members at our society events.
So now is an ideal time to join/renew your membership.
Using the SAS membership forms on the membership webpage.
Alternately, use our online membership system (which utilises PayPal) which will be coming online in near future.
- Membership also enables you to join our text alert service, SAS SMS Text AleRt Service (STARS), and be kept up to date when society observing events are taking place at our observatory, dark sky sites and various astronomical events & visits throughout the season.
- You get an SAS Membership Card. Issued to for all new & current society members, with a membership card holder and lanyard (if required).
- All members are encouraged to use/display their membership cards at our SAS meet ups, visits and events at the Wetlands centre and outside.
- Note: The processing new SAS Membership ID Badges for this season will deferred until November/December 2021 when/if we can get greater access to the Wetlands Discovery Room in order to process the SAS membership ID cards/badges.
- Access to SAS equipment.
- Access/use of Cygnus Observatory.
- Society membership includes membership to the Federation Astronomical Societies (FAS), (FAS Newsletter (3 per year) issued at SAS meetings), as well as other benefits.
- Your membership also provides Public/Products Liability Insurance (PPLI) cover for members at our society events.
You are also helping to support the society with other costs(rent for observatory, access to main building, support materials, and in supporting the local community).
Annual Membership Costs are:
- Single Membership (Adult) £20;
- Family Membership ( 2 Adults, 3 Children) £30;
- Concession Membership (Unemployed/Student/Junior/Senior) £15.
Remember, you do not have to own a telescope to become a member or attend any of our events!