Back by popular demand, Sunderland Astronomical Society are will visiting Northumberland Park).
- Date: Friday 8th February 2021.
- Time: from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Entry: Free Event – Pre-Book Tickets on Eventbrite
SAS have been asked by the Northumberland Park (the park in North Shields) to hold a Stargazing event on Friday 8th October 2021 from 7.00pm till late.
There will be access up to the observing site so no carrying heavy equipment AND our cars will be allowed to park nearby lane on site. For sitemap and parking notice, see links below.
COULD PARTICIPANTS PLEASE LET OUR CHAIRMAN KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING AND WHAT ROLE, for e.g.
Name type of scope and mount would help with organising event.
For the related SAS group Facebook post, see link.
Directions to the park can be obtained via the Google Map below
ATTENTION: NORTHUMBERLAND PARK – SAS PARTICIPANTS
PLEASE USE Postcode NE30 2ES (tynemouth golf course) code. But do not park in the Golf Course, entrance to Northumberland park is further along King Edwards road.
THIS FOR THE ATTENTION OF SAS OFFICIAL PARTICIPANTS.
Use the site site information/plan below for SAS and other astronomer society participants) on entry on to park.
We need as many SAS members astronomers & volunteers to participate as possible with & without telescopes to support this event.
Powerful telescopes will be available to view:
- The planets Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus.
- The Andromeda Galaxy (M31).
- Gorgeous open star clusters and nebulas.
- Plus many other astronomical wonders of the night sky.
Information & Activities:
- Free Event – Pre-Book Tickets on Eventbrite
- Suitable for all ages.
- Telescopes of all shapes and sizes
- Supported by the North East’s largest astronomical society.
- Lots to see and do.
- Expertise & advice from local SAS astronomers.
- Astro related Videos, Slideshows and Demonstrations.
- Stargazing friendly torches to buy
- Plus lots of other society related merchandise to buy
- Refreshments available to buy.
- Bring suitable clothing for the weather.