Visit the Cygnus Observatory based at the Washington Wetlands Centre for an evening dedicated to our nearest celestial neighbour.
See the moon in stunning detail through many telescopes and enjoy a tour of the night skies from this welcoming and friendly group of amateur astronomers.
- Powerful telescopes will be available to view:
- The Moon.
- Amazing stellar nursery, the Orion Nebula (M42).
- Andromeda Galaxy (M31).
- Amazing open star clusters including the spectacular “Seven Sisters”, (M45).
- Plus many other astronomical wonders of the night sky.
Date: Saturday 1st February 2020.
Times: from 7:00 pm – 10:00pm.
Price: Free Entry (Ticket Booking required)
Event size: 300, so book your tickets asap!
Ticket Link https://sunderlandastro_special_moon_watch_february2020.eventbrite.co.uk
If good weather this event will be a sell out, so book your ticket(s) to reserve a place and avoid disappointed
Join local astronomers from across the North East for a fun night of assorted astronomical treats at the several sites at Cygnus Observatory based at the Washington Wetlands Centre.
SAS members: who are participating in this event, please contact the SAS chairman, whether you have telescope or would just like to help out/support the event in any way asap.
We need as many SAS members astronomers & volunteers as possible with & without telescopes to support these events.
- Suitable for all ages & abilities.
- Lots of telescopes of all shapes and sizes.
- Moon related related talks:
- Moon’s history, the Earth and Moon as a system.
- Man’s exploration of the Moon.
- Local amateur astronomer expertise on hand to answer questions & share their knowledge of the night sky.
- Tickets are free, but please book early as tickets are limited.
- Bring suitable clothing for the weather.