One of the North Easts largest Museums and largest Astronomical Societies have teamed up give the public a truly unique astronomical event, to Inspire, Educate and Inform the public on the amazing show going on above our heads.
Date: Friday 26th January 2018.
Times: from 6:30 pm – 9:30pm.
Price: £5 Ticket Entry (tickets can be booked and purchased via the Beamish website, Beamish Events Bookings).
Event size: 350, so get your tickets asap!
Join local astronomers from across the North East for a fun night of assorted astronomical treats at the several sites at Beamish.
SAS members: who are participating in this event, please contact the SAS chairman, whether you have telescope or would just like to help out/support the event in any way asap.
Event Site map and other related information for participants is shown below (without and with terrain).
We need as many SAS members astronomers & volunteers as possible with & without telescopes to support these events.
High Resolution PDF of the event poster available to download.
- Waxing Gibbous Moon in glorious detail.
- Uranus, seventh planet outward from the sun.
- Globular cluster, double cluster M31.
- Amazing stellar nursery, the Orion Nebula (M42).
- Andromeda Galaxy (M31)
- Gorgeous open star clusters such as “The Seven Sisters” .
- Plus many other wonders of the night sky.
- Ticket Entry: £5 (booking via Beamish website, see what’s on webpages)
- Contributions to Society fundraising nonetheless welcomed.
- Suitable for all ages and abilities.
- 30+ telescopes of all shapes and sizes.
- Look to the heavens through our huge 18.5″ Dobsonian telescope, designed & built by SAS
- Two very large 16″ Dobsonian telescopes.
- Plus many more society members telescopes of all shapes and sizes.
- Lots to see and do.
- Three designated sites for talks and observing, plus a mobile planetarium.
- Accessible telescopes and transport available.
- More Information on Accessibility at Beamish.
- Interactive presentations & demonstrations with Q&A.
- Expertise & advice from local astronomers.
- Mobile Planetarium (places booked for extra £1.first come first served).
- Videos and Demonstrations.
- Live View Telescope connected to large TV for group views.
- Complimentary Stargazing friendly torches supplied upon entry at reception.
- Refreshments available to buy.
- Bring suitable clothing & footwear for the weather.