September is the start of our new season. SAS Memberships will be due from 1st September 2017 (payable throughout September) for this season 2017/2018.
Joining/Renewing helps support your local astronomical society & community.
The SAS the largest & probably most active astronomical society’s in the North East, for advice, information, observing the night sky, and get together at various meet-ups, events, visits and join in the ‘Craic’ on all things astronomical.
The SAS Membership season runs from the 1st September each year within September for membership renewals, and your membership also provides Public/Products Liability Insurance (PPLI) cover for members at our society events.
So now is an ideal time to renew your membership.
Using the SAS membership forms on the membership webpage.
Alternately, use our online membership system (which utilises PayPal) which will be coming online in near future. Keep an eye on the Membership and/or Society News webpages.
- Membership also enables you to join our text alert service, SAS SMS Text AleRt Service (STARS), and be kept up to date/informed when the SAS needs to:
- Issue Membership information and notices.
- Provide information on observing events are taking place at our observatory.
- Provide information on Observing events at our dark sky sites.
- Provide information on other various astronomical events & visits that SAS are involved throughout the season.
- SAS Membership ID Cards are issued to for all new & current society members annually, with a membership card holder and lanyard (if required).
- All members are encouraged to use/display their membership ID cards at all our SAS meet-ups, visits and events at the Wetlands centre and outside.
- Access to SAS equipment.
- Access/use of Cygnus Observatory.
- Society membership includes membership to the Federation Astronomical Societies (FAS), (FAS Newsletter (3 per year) issued at SAS meetings), as well as other benefits.
- Your membership also provides Public/Products Liability Insurance (PPLI) cover for members at our society events.
You are also helping to support the society with other costs(rent for observatory, access to main building, support materials, and in supporting the local community).
Annual Membership Costs are:
- Single Membership (Adult) £20;
- Family Membership ( 2 Adults, 3 Children) £30;
- Concession Membership (Unemployed/Student/Junior/Senior) £15.
Remember, you do not have to own a telescope to become a member or attend any of our events!
Use the SAS membership forms on the membership webpage.
Alternately, use our online membership system (which utilises PayPal) which will be coming online in near future. Keep an eye on our Membership page.