Back by popular demand, Sunderland Astronomical Society are hosting an event for the Royal Society of Chemistry (Local section members).
Date: Tuesday 31st January 2017.
Time: from 6:30 pm.
Entry: RSC Members: Free, Friends & Family: £2.
(Contributions to SAS fundraising nonetheless welcomed).
Royal Society of Chemistry members from across the North East are invited to attend for a fun night of assorted astronomical treats at the Cygnus Observatory and various SAS members telescopes of all shapes and sizes at/around the WWT Washington Wetlands Centre.
Note: This is a private event for RSC members and friends and family.
We need as many SAS members astronomers & volunteers to participate as possible with & without telescopes to support this event.
High Resolution PDF of the event poster available to download.
- The crescent Moon in glorious detail.
- The planets Mars & Venus.
- The planet Uranus, seventh planet outward from the sun.
- Globular cluster, Open Galaxy Clusters, Double Clusters(NGC 869/884)
- Amazing stellar nursery, the Orion Nebula (M42).
- Andromeda Galaxy (M31)
- Gorgeous open star clusters such as “The Seven Sisters” (M45).
- Plus many other wonders of the night sky.
- RSC members: Free, Friends & Family: £2
- All proceeds go directly to the SAS fundraising.
- Contributions to Society fundraising nonetheless welcomed.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Telescopes of all shapes and sizes.
- Lots to see and do.
- New ”All Access” telescope available to wheelchair users.
- Interactive presentations with Q&A.
- Guest speaker: Prof Martin McCoustra (Heriot Watt University).
- Expertise & advice from local SAS astronomers.
- Videos and Demonstrations.
- Stargazing friendly torches to buy at reception
- Lots of other society related merchandise to buy
- Refreshments available to buy.
- Bring suitable clothing for the weather.