The Durham University’s physics department is running a new outreach activity called “Saturday Morning Physics” on six Saturdays in October, November and December, starting at 10:30.
Dates, Speakers & Talks:
- 1st October – Prof Nigel Glover: The Particle Smashers.
- 8th October – Prof Paula Chadwick: Messengers from Deep Space.
- 15th October – Prof Richard Bower: The Big Bang Show
- 12th November – Prof Del Atkinson: Magnets in the Cloud
- 19th November – Prof Gordon Love: Light – what the Eye cannot see
- 26th November – Prof Ifan Hughes: How can we build a quantum computer?
- 3rd December – Dr Pete Edwards: Einstein, Einstein, give us a wave!
- 10th December – Prof Damian Hampshire: Building a Star on Planet Earth.
For the more details of talks & speakers, click here.
- Talks start from 10:30am until 12:30pm
- All talks take place in the James Duff lecture theatre (PH8) in the Physics Department of Durham University South Road Durham DH1 3LE.
- Limited parking facilities Venues start at 10:30 and last for 2 hours.
- Refreshments will be provided during a coffee break.
- Various hands-on sessions will supplement the talks, including: Robots !!! Ask your Astronaut Fun with Magnets