September is the start of our new season. SAS Memberships will be due from 1st September (payable throughout September) for this season 2016/2017.
Joining/Renewing helps support your local astronomical society & community.
So come on down to Cygnus Observatory join or renew your SAS membership. One of the largest & most active astronomical society’s in the North East, for advice, information, join in the ‘Craic’ on all things astronomical.
The SAS Membership season runs from the 1st September each year within September for membership renewals, and your membership also provides Public/Products Liability Insurance (PPLI) cover for members at our society events.
So now is an ideal time to renew your membership.
Using the SAS membership forms on the membership webpage.
Alternately, use our online membership system (which utilises PayPal) which will be coming online in near future. Keep an eye on the Membership page.
- Membership also enables you to join our text alert service, SAS SMS Text AleRt Service (STARS), and be kept up to date when society observing events are taking place at our observatory, dark sky sites and various astronomical events & visits throughout the season.
- You get an SAS Membership Card. Issued to for all new & current society members, with a membership card holder and lanyard (if required).
- All members are encouraged to use/display their membership cards at our SAS meet ups, visits and events at the Wetlands centre and outside.
- Access to SAS equipment.
- Access/use of Cygnus Observatory.
- Society membership includes membership to the Federation Astronomical Societies (FAS), (FAS Newsletter (3 per year) issued at SAS meetings), as well as other benefits.
- Your membership also provides Public/Products Liability Insurance (PPLI) cover for members at our society events.
You are also helping to support the society with other costs(rent for observatory, access to main building, support materials, and in supporting the local community).
Annual Membership Costs are:
- Single Membership (Adult) £20;
- Family Membership ( 2 Adults, 3 Children) £30;
- Concession Membership (Unemployed/Student/Junior/Senior) £15.
Remember, you do not have to own a telescope to become a member or attend any of our events!
Use the SAS membership forms on the membership webpage.
Alternately, use our online membership system (which utilises PayPal) which will be coming online in near future. Keep an eye on our Membership page.