The Sunderland Astronomical Society (SAS) has been nominated by the Health and Social Security Recreational Association (HASSRA) North East region to be the nominated charity for July. This involves various fundraising events at several Civil Service Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) sites throughout Newcastle & Tyne & Wear.
These events are closed events to SAS members (i.e. only open to DWP employees), however the SAS will be supplying drink & either home-baked/shop bought delicacies for HASSRA fundraising purposes/prizes
Access to the Wildfowl Park access is free for HASSRA members if staff would wish to visit the Sunderland Astronomical Society.
There will be several fundraising events & activities at various DWP sites going on throughout July, these are:
- Week commencing the 18th July 2016:
- HASSRA/DWP Dave Newton & Tom Crann (and SAS members) have approached the SAS members for donations for a Charity Hamper & raffle prizes.
- Usual items will be drinks, chocolates and possible vouchers. Three beautifully framed star atlases (approx. 60 x100cm). To be shared equally distributed between the DWP buildings, with tickets 50p.
- Week commencing the 25th July 2016:
- The Society is also providing items for a Cake/Food sale which will be held on the Wednesday 27th July in each Block with donations from the Society of either home-baked/shop bought delicacies, price 50p.
- Friday 29th July 2016:
- There will be a Dress-down Day £1.00 and proceeds will go to the SAS fundraising.
PS: For any further possible donations/suggestions, please contact Michael Tweedy via email: ‘email@example.com’.