Back by popular demand, Sunderland Astronomical Society and other invited Astronomical Society’s will be running our annual Jupiter Nights events.
Dates:Friday 18th & Saturday 19th March 2016.
Times: from 7:00 pm.
Free Entry (Contributions to Society fundraising nonetheless welcomed).
Join local astronomers from across the North East for a fun night of assorted astronomical treats at the Cygnus Observatory at the WWT Washington Wetlands Centre.
We need as many SAS members astronomers & volunteers as possible with & without telescopes to support these events.
High Resolution PDF of the event poster available to download.
Powerful telescopes will be available to view:
- Waxing crescent Moon in glorious detail.
- Uranus, seventh planet outward from the sun.
- Globular cluster, double cluster M31.
- Amazing stellar nursery, the Orion Nebula (M42).
- Andromeda Galaxy (M31)
- Gorgeous open star clusters such as “The Seven Sisters” .
- Plus many other wonders of the night sky.
- Free Entry
- Contributions to Society fundraising nonetheless welcomed.
Information & Activities:
- Suitable for all ages.
- 30+ telescopes of all shapes and sizes.
- Lots to see and do.
- New ”All Access” telescope available to wheelchair users.
- Interactive presentations & workshops with Q&A.
- Expertise & advice from local astronomers.
- Videos and Demonstrations.
- Raffle & astro related prizes.
- Live Telescope connected to large TV
- Astro photo production facility at Shed/Barn
- Star Theatre & Chillout zone area in the Barn.
- Stargazing friendly torches to buy at reception
- Lots of other society related merchandise to buy
- Astronomy Supply Vendors.
- Cafe refreshments available to buy.
- Bring suitable clothing for the weather.