This year there will be 2 categories on Solar System and Deep Sky, and 3 skill levels: in beginner, intermediate and advanced, and a winner and runners-up photo will be voted on for each category & skill level.
- Solar System: Beginner;
- Solar System: Intermediate;
- Solar System: Advanced;
- Deep Sky: Beginner;
- Deep Sky: Intermediate;
- Deep Sky: Advanced.
Skill Level Key :
- Beginner: Less than/equal to 1 year astrophotography expereince;
- Intermediate: Between 2 – 3 years astrophotography expereince;
- Advanced: Greater than 3 years astrophotography expereince.
Rule 1: Each astronomical object/image taken within the last twelve months should be printed on a photograph up to A4 in size with the following information on the back of each photo.
- Category (i.e. Solar System or Deep Sky)
- Skill Level, (i.e. Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced);
- Name of your astronomical object, associated identifier (for e.g. Orion Nebula, M42);
- Equipment used to take the image; (for e.g. Skywatcher Evostar 80 DS-PRO ED, Cannon 600D, EQ6, etc);
- Your Name;
- Your contact details (Email/Tel No.)”, if required.
Alternatively, if you prefer the following information can be written on a piece of paper/post-it note on then stuck on the back of your photo (if you wish to preserve you photo – post it notes can be provided on the night):