Society Rules & Code of Conduct
SAS Website & SAS Facebook Group Rules
The society recognises that Facebook is already for those 13 yrs or older but would like to maintain a PG atmosphere in its online presence.
To that end members are advised as follows:
- Any abuse or hate speech is not allowed, including but not limited to; personal attacks, racism, sexism, homophobia and anti-semitism. Posts of this nature will be immediately deleted and the postee warned by moderators.
- Language used should fall into a PG category. Posts containing other words will be edited or deleted and the user warned by moderators.
In the case of repeated infractions of 1 & 2 the person posting will be dealt with as follows:
2nd offence, warned and banned for 24 hours.
3rd offence, banned for a week.
4th offence, banned permanently.
- Images posted should be astronomical in nature, or astronomical event related.
- No direct links or promotion of any business is allowed.
- Members can freely post comments about astronomical events, business or equipment if they are not personally involved with the business and do not stand to gain financially from the post.
- For clarity, the term “business” above includes not for profit institutions such as but not limited to Starmakers, Kielder observatory and so on.