Apollo 11 50th Anniversary - Lunar - Stargazing Event
About this event :
Visit the Cygnus Observatory based at the Washington Wetlands Centre & join the Sunderland Astronomical Society for a an event dedicated to the Apollo 11 50th anniversary.
See the moon in stunning detail through many telescopes and enjoy a tour of the night skies from this welcoming and friendly group of amateur astronomers.
- Powerful telescopes will be available to view:
- The Moon.
- Plus many other astronomical wonders of the night sky.
- And possibly other members of our Solar System family.
Date: Friday 12th July 2019.
Times: from 8:00 pm – 10:30 pm.
Price: Free Entry (Ticket Booking required)
Tickets will be available to book from 7th May 2019.
Event size: 300, so book your tickets asap!
If it’;s good weather this event will be a sell out, so book your ticket(s) early to reserve a place and avoid disappointed.
Join local astronomers from across the North East for a fun night of Apollo 11 & lunar related astronomical treats at Cygnus Observatory based at the Washington Wetlands Centre.
SAS members: who are participating in this event, please contact the SAS chairman, whether you have telescope or would just like to help out/support the event in any way asap.
We need as many SAS members astronomers & volunteers as possible with & without telescopes to support these events.
- Suitable for all ages & abilities.
- Lots of telescopes of all shapes and sizes to see the to see the Moon & night sky.
- Apollo & Moon related related talks:
- Moon’s history, the Earth and Moon as a system.
- Man’s exploration of the Moon.
- Local amateur astronomer expertise on hand to answer questions & share their knowledge of the night sky.
- Tickets are free, but please book early as tickets are limited.
- There will be an opportunity to purchase modestly priced SAS Astro goods and memento of 50th anniversary celebration.
- Bring suitable clothing for the weather.
Your host : Martin Kennedy