SAS Lecture: Meteorites 101 - Up Close and personal (Postponed due to Corona Virus)
About this event :
This sunday’s Lecture is Cancelled and postponed for a later date due to the Corona virus outbreak.
Get up close and personal with some 4.5 billion year old space rocks.
Everything you wanted to know about Meteors, Meteoroids and Meteorites a journey back in time.
- What they are?
- Where do there come from?
- What types are there?
- How are the formed, composition?
- What have meteorites ever done for us?
In this interactive lecture Michael Tweedy (our previous SAS Chairman) gives some background information and shows his impressive & inspirational meteorite collection.
When Who Where
- Date: Postponed for later date,
- Time: 7pm.
- Speaker: Michael Tweedy FRAS.
- Venue: Will take place at the Cygnus Observatory (WWC Discovery Room).
Our speaker is Michael Tweedy is a member SAS and previous Chair of the SAS and is a very active member of the the society with a keen interests in meteorites, astronomy outreach , observing and astrophotography.
Your host : Martin Kennedy