Lecture: Meteorites 101 - Up Close and personal
About this event :
Get up close and personal with some 4.5 billion year old space rocks.
Everything you wanted to know about Meteors, Meteoroids and Meteorites a journey back in time.
- What they are?
- Where do there come from?
- What types are there?
- How are the formed, composition?
- What have meteorites ever done for us?
In this interactive lecture Michael Tweedy (SAS Chairman gives some background information and shows his impressive meteorite collection.
When Who Where
- Date: 19th august 2018,
- Time: 7pm.
- Speaker: Michael Tweedy FRAS.
- Venue: Will take place at the Cygnus Observatory (WWC Discovery Room).
Our speaker is Michael Tweedy our SAS Chairman and an active member of the the society with a keen interest in meteorites, astronomy outreach , observing and astrophotography.
Your host : Martin Kennedy