SAS Astrophotography Competition 2017
About this event :
This year there will be 2 categories on Solar System and Deep Sky, and 3 skill levels: in beginner, intermediate and advanced, and a winner and runners-up photo will be voted on for each category & skill level.
- Solar System: Beginner;
- Solar System: Intermediate;
- Solar System: Advanced;
- Deep Sky: Beginner;
- Deep Sky: Intermediate;
- Deep Sky: Advanced.
Skill Level Key :
- Beginner: Less than/equal to 1 year astrophotography experience;
- Intermediate: Between 2 – 3 years astrophotography experience;
- Advanced: Greater than 3 years astrophotography experience.
The winners will receive prizes & the highly prized SAS Astrophotography certificates,
& the runner-up will receive the highly prized certificates.
To submit your photos for the competition, bring them with you on the night of the competition or submit them to our chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org before the event.
There are 3 main rules for competition image entries:
Rule 1: Each astronomical object/image taken within the last twelve months should be printed on a photograph up to A4 in size with the following information on the back of each photo.
- Category (i.e. Solar System or Deep Sky)
- Skill Level, (i.e. Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced);
- Name of your astronomical object, associated identifier (for e.g. Orion Nebula, M42);
- Equipment used to take the image; (for e.g. Skywatcher Evostar 80 DS-PRO ED, Cannon 600D, EQ6, etc);
- Your Name;
- Your contact details (Email/Tel No.)”, if required.
Alternatively, if you prefer the following information can be written on a piece of paper/post-it note on then stuck on the back of your photo (if you wish to preserve you photo – post it notes can be provided on the night):
Rule 2: The Beginner Class photo entries will be limited to members whom are in the first year of astrophotography.
Rule 3: It has been decided that for the astrophotography competition this year will be open to Sunderland Astronomical Society members only (i.e. members subscriptions paid).
Note2: Winner / Runners-up / & possibly other submitted astro images may be used on a SAS fundraising calendar, SAS Facebook or our webpage. If there are any objections to this please email chairman on above email address.
The best of luck to all astro photo entries.
Your host : Martin Kennedy