Jupiter Nights Stargazing Spectacular
About this event :
Back by popular demand, Sunderland Astronomical Society and other invited Astronomical Society’s will be running our annual Jupiter Nights Fundraiser events.
Dates: Friday 18th & Saturday 19th March 2016.
Time: 7:00 pm.
Free Entry (Contributions to Society fundraising nonetheless welcomed).
Join local astronomers from across the North East for a fun night of assorted astronomical treats at the Cygnus Observatory at the WWT Washington Wetlands Centre.
We need as many SAS members astronomers & volunteers as possible with & without telescopes to support at these events.
This event is usually mega big (yes as the planet), and we want to try and fundraise as much as possible. So we need member help.
High Resolution PDF of the event poster available to download.
Powerful telescopes able to view:
- Waxing crescent Moon in glorious detail.
- Uranus, seventh planet outward from the sun.
- Globular cluster, double cluster M31.
- Amazing stellar nursery, the Orion Nebula (M42).
- Andromeda Galaxy (M31)
- Gorgeous open star clusters such as “The Seven Sisters” .
- Plus many other wonders of the night sky.
- Free Entry
- Contributions to Society fundraising nonetheless welcomed.
Information & Activities:
- Suitable for all ages.
- 30+ telescopes of all shapes and sizes.
- Lots to see and do.
- New ”All Access” telescope available to wheelchair users.
- Interactive presentations & workshops with Q&A.
- Expertise & advice from local astronomers.
- Videos and Demonstrations.
- Raffle & astro related prizes.
- Live Telescope connected to large TV
- Astro photo production facility at Shed/Barn
- Star Theatre & Chillout zone area in the Barn.
- Stargazing friendly torches to buy at reception
- Lots of other society related merchandise to buy
- Astronomy Supply Vendors.
- Cafe refreshments available to buy.
- Bring suitable clothing for the weather.
Your host : Martin Kennedy