- Date: Friday 25th October 2019.
- Time: from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Entry: Free (Contributions to SAS fundraising nonetheless welcomed).
SAS have been asked by the Northumberland Park (the park in North Shields) to hold a Stargazing event on Friday 19th October 2018 from 7.00pm till late.
There will be access up to the observing site so no carrying heavy equipment AND our cars will be allowed to park nearby lane on site. For sitemap and parking notice, see links below.
COULD PARTICIPANTS PLEASE LET OUR CHAIRMAN KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING AND WHAT ROLE, for e.g.
Name type of scope and mount would help with organising event.
For the related SAS group Facebook post, see link.
Directions to the park can be obtained via the event map in the Events Calendar.
ATTENTION: NORTHUMBERLAND PARK – SAS PARTICIPANTS
The postcode for satnav is incorrect.
PLEASE USE Postcode NE30 2ES (tynemouth golf course) code. But do not park in the Golf Course, entrance to Northumberland park is further along King Edwards road.
Use the site-map on entry on to park.THIS FOR THE ATTENTION OF SAS OFFICIAL PARTICIPANTS.
Alternative Location Map.
We need as many SAS members astronomers & volunteers to participate as possible with & without telescopes to support this event.
High Resolution PDF of the event poster available to download.
Powerful telescopes will be available to view:
- The planets Saturn, Uranus & Neptune
- Globular clusters, Open Galaxy Clusters, Double Clusters(NGC 869/884)
- Andromeda Galaxy (M31)
- Plus many other wonders of the night sky.
- Entry: Free.
- All SAS merchandise proceeds go directly to the SAS fundraising.
- Contributions to Society fundraising nonetheless welcomed.
Information & Activities:
- Suitable for all ages.
- Telescopes of all shapes and sizes
- Supported by the North East’s largest astronomical society.
- Lots to see and do.
- Interactive presentations with Q&A.
- Expertise & advice from local SAS astronomers.
- Astro related Videos, Slideshows and Demonstrations.
- Stargazing friendly torches to buy
- Plus lots of other society related merchandise to buy
- Refreshments available to buy.
- Bring suitable clothing for the weather.