16th June Lecture: David Sinden: A Life in Optics
Saturday Morning Science is Back for 2018-2019
Running on every Saturday from September to May 2019 from 10:30am – 12:30pm.
A series of 22 exciting public talks from world-leading scientists across Durham University’s Science departments, called “Saturday Morning Science” from Saturday 29th September 2018 to the Saturday 11th May 2019, starting at 10:30am.
Talks on every Saturday between dates:
- 29th September 2018- 1st December 2018,
- 2nd February 2019 – 30th March 2019,
- 27th April 2019- 11th May 2019
What: Saturday Morning Science Talks
When: Saturday dates above from the 29th September 2018 to the 11th May 2019
Where: All talks take place at Durham University’s CALMAN Learning Centre. For location, see the Saturday Morning Science Programme (at the end of the programme “Getting There”).
Aimed at school pupils, high school students and all adults interested in Modern Physics and other natural sciences.
- No pre-booking needed
- 60 minute talks (45 mins plus questions)
- Coffee break at 11:30am
- Other activities after (e.g. lab tours)
- Talks start from 10:30am until 12:30pm
- All talks take place at Durham University’s CALMAN Learning Centre.
- For location, see the Saturday Morning Science Programme (at the end of the programme “Getting There”), page 15.
- Limited parking facilities Venues start at 10:30 and last for 2 hours.
- Refreshments will be provided during a coffee break.
- Various hands-on sessions will supplement the talks.
- Lab Tours.